Here is an interesting Customer Study done by Customer Think in June 2009 that illustrates what U.S Consumer Preferences for Companies using Social Media. According to the study, it concluded the following:
- 68% of Consumers Agree that Social Media is an ideal tool to Service and Support Issues for their customers.
- 50% agree that would use Social Media to Host Online Communities.
- 45% agree that companies participating in relevant communities run by consumers is also an appropriate use.
- 42% agree that companies should monitor conversations to research consumer issues and requirements.
- 33% of consumers agreed that Creating a LinkedIn, or Facebook Site is an appropriate use of the medium, but 36% of consumers also disagreed with putting their brands on a site such as LinkedIn.
Overall, it looks like companies are really getting the fact that Social Media can be used to Support Customer, Participate in Conversations, while also using Social Media to enhance their products.customer service 2.0 web 2.0 service delivery and support it 2.0