Key Findings were as follows:
Customer Support Channels
- More than half (56%) of the companies managed to integrate at least some of their channels, whether it was multiple channel queuing into 1 interface, or having a common knowledge repository.
- 53% of customers had some Knowledge Manage Strategy in Place.
- 45% used Email Management while 24% used chat.
- Another trend worthy of mention was the increase in the utilization of Customer Support Forums.
- A Majority (46%) of survey respondents indicated that their average abandon rate on phones is between 1 - 5%. This is what we agreed to in our service model.
- 37% of respondents answer their phones on average of 5 - 15 Seconds.
- 21% answer their phones within 16 - 30 Seconds.
- 12% answer in less than 5 Seconds on the phone.
- Average hold times were very interesting as well. Approximately 39% have hold times of less than 1 minute for phone based support.
- 25% indicated that their customers experience a hold time of 1 - 2 minutes.
- Average Speed of Answer for email Support was also an interesting figure with 36% of companies answering within 1 and 6 hours. 26% Less than 1 Hour, and 14% are between 12 and 24 hours.